Arrival and departure times
Arrival between 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Departure by 12 noon
(if you think you may arrive later than 7:00 pm please phone our contact number. Late pitching can disturb other campers).
- Family groups of more than one tent can request to be sited together where we have single, double, triple and quadruple family pitches available. Groups with more than 8 families please phone to discuss your requirements.
- Each family is allocated a 6m diameter space and your tent including guylines must fit within this space.
- You are allowed a gazebo for free if it fits in your 6 sqm. space.
- Larger tents may require a double area space allocation, but if in doubt please ask!
- All tents must be pitched at least 4 meters from any fire pit for your own and others safety.
- Please pitch at least 6 meters away from neighbouring tents which are not part of your group
Campfires & firewood availability
Campfires are permitted at our campsite, however, in an effort to preserve our site, only the use of a metal firepit is permitted (these can be hired at the farm).
Firewood, kindling and charcoal can be purchased from the farm shop by the bag, or by preordering during your initial booking.
We keep stocks of firewood logs, kindling and charcoal.
Please note: We have a zero-tolerance policy on burning any wild wood from our land or the neighbouring forests. You will be asked to leave immediately without refund if you are found foraging and burning any of the forest dead wood. These are habitats for the woodland creatures and insects and must be left in the woodland.
Parking and vehicles
- Parking is extremely limited, and we ask for only 1 vehicle per booking.
- All parking is located at our entrance and no unauthorised vehicles are allowed into the campground.
- If you need to bring more than one vehicle, please add this at your time of booking, so we can accommodate all our guest’s needs. The option is available on the extras page.
Payment and Refund Policy
Payment in full is due immediately to confirm reservation.
Cancellations greater than 28 days will receive a full refund.
Cancellations from 0 to 28 days will not be liable for a refund, as the site is generally booked many months in advance.
All bookings are accepted at our discretion.
Modifying your arrival/departure date.
Please call our office to discuss your needs. Please note, modifications to a booking cannot be made with less than 28 days notice.
Transfers are not allowed.
Campsite Terms and Conditions
Selden Farm Camping Terms & Conditions
Selden Camping is a family campsite and we want everyone to enjoy their experience here with us. These terms & conditions have been put together to safeguard our campsite and all the guests that pitch up here. Anyone causing a nuisance to others or disrespecting the campsite rules will be asked to leave without refund.
Booking forms are completed via the online booking system on our website. If you make a phone booking we will complete the form for you.
We will send you a booking confirmation via email. Please contact us if you do not receive this. Please check your Booking Confirmation and notify us of any errors immediately. You must be over 18 year of age to make a booking.
Cancellation or Changes by You:
It is essential that you let us know immediately if you need to cancel your booking. Please telephone the office and then confirm in writing. If you cancel your booking the following applies:
- If you cancel less than 28 days before your arrival date you will lose your full payment.
- If you book via a third party organisation and not directly via our website they may have additional terms and conditions related to your booking. Please make yourself aware of these at the time of booking, as they are in addition to our policy regarding cancellation. We are only able to refund the portion of the booking fee we receive from the third party organisation and are not responsible for refunding any of their fees, commissions or charges.
Cancellation or Changes by Selden Farm Camping:
Once we have issued you with a confirmation, we will do our best not to make any changes or cancel your booking. However please note that sometimes changes do occur before or after bookings have been confirmed, and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be changed or cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so.
We recommend insurance to cover cancellation, loss, damage or injury. As a small business we are not able to act as your insurers and rearrange your stay due to your changes in personal circumstances.
We will not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or damage whatsoever to persons, vehicles, tents, accessories or contents during your stay with us.
Our campsites and their landscapes include some steep slopes, rough terrain, trees, brambles and other natural hazards. Depending on the weather, conditions can be cold, wet, slippery or hot, dry and brittle.
Selden Farm Camping reserve the right to close the campsite in extreme or dangerous weather conditions. The decision to do this is entirely at our discretion.
If you have special requests or needs, you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking. We will do our best to accommodate you but will let you know if we are not able to meet your needs. Regretfully, our site is not accessible for guests using wheelchairs.
This is a working farm so please be aware that there may tractors and other machinery going about their business. For this reason please respect the country code and stick to the footpaths when outside the camping area. There are also temporary dwellings on the holding that seasonal workers may reside in, please respect their privacy.
Please be mindful of noise, both for your fellow campers and our neighbours. It does feel remote here but there are residential neighbours and the wind carries sound a fair distance. To avoid misunderstanding, amplified music is not permitted at any time. We do welcome acoustic music around the campfire although all noise must be kept to a minimum after 10pm.
Please pitch at least 6 meters away from neighbouring pitches which are not part of your group.
Excessive consumption of alcohol and/or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated.
No smoking in or around any of the campsite buildings or facilities.
Unfortunately Selden Farm Campsite cannot accommodate bookings for stag or hen parties.
Reception sells firewood, charcoal and kindling that is sustainability managed. No other fire wood can be used on site due to the risk of forest contamination caused by external bio-hazards. Please keep your campfire to a sensible size and do not burn your plastics or rubbish. You must not break branches from the trees or collect firewood from the nearby forests as the dead wood provides a natural habitat for many creatures. Please do not burn any wild wood from the surrounding forests. You will be asked to leave immediately without refund if you are found burning any of the dead wood. These are habitats for the creatures and insects and must be left in the environment.
No fireworks or sky lanterns are allowed due to the safety of the natural habitat.
Selden Farm Campsite is family friendly. Parents should ensure children are properly supervised at ALL times and not allowed to stray from the camping field. No guests under the age of 18 will be allowed to stay without an accompanying adult of parenting age.
The flying of kites is prohibited for your own safety.
Selden Farm Camping is an off-grid campsite and as such has no rubbish collection. Rubbish bags can be purchased from reception.
Please take all your rubbish home with you and leave no trace of your visit within our site.
No vehicles are permitted on the camping ground in the interest of safety of all campers. All vehicles to park in the spaces at our entrance. Please do not park in the passing bay on the road. It is not a layby for parking.
With limited parking, we allocate a single car per booking. Any additional cars must be by special agreement. If you need to arrive in more than one car, please let us know, but note there is a £10.00 charge for each additional car.
There is a strict 5mph speed limit within the farm and camping field.
The main road entrance gates are closed at night for increased site security.
All dogs on site are to be kept on a lead at all times and immediately cleared up after. If your dog is deemed dangerous, antisocial or in any way threatening you (or it) will be immediately asked to leave. You must let us know if you’re bringing a dog in the ‘additional stay details’ box at the end of the booking process.
Dogs must not be left unattended in tents or vehicles.
Depending on how busy we are, it may be possible to have day visitors. We must be informed of this in advance and there is a charge of £5 per person. Day guests must be off site by 10pm.
- We reserve the right to close the campsite at our discretion if weather conditions pose a threat to campers or for any other reason without recourse by the hirer other than the total sum they have paid.
- Selden Farm Campsite is used by all persons at their own risk.
- Whilst we make every effort to ensure a safe campsite we cannot accept responsibility for your possessions or personal injuries sustained whilst on the property or having campfires.
Any campers not adhering to any of the above terms and conditions may be asked to leave the site.